Located in the Tuscany region of Italy, Florence is located between Rome in the south and Milan in the north. The city was an important center of intellectual thought, politics and art during renaissance period. Today, the city is one of the major tourism destinations in the world. While at this place, there are plenty of things to do and see. And as the city is small in size, most of its suburbs can be easily explored by walking. The attractions that one can get to see here will keep you interested for several days at a stretch.
The presence of a train station and a large airport within the city enables travelers to explore different places, both within the city and outside it comfortably. Also with an efficient public transportation at their disposal, tourists can explore the local areas without hiring car rental Florence services.
For those speaking Italian, communication will not be a problem in Florence as most people in the city speak it. However, for those visiting the area for the first time and do not understand the language, purchasing a book that contains the meanings of basic Italian phrases will do the trick.
The best time to visit Florence is during spring or Early Autumn. The busiest season for the city is during summer. During this time, large crowds can be expected. The late autumn season can be rainy and chilly. But it is still the best time to visit as crowds would have disappeared by then.
Interesting places to see
- The San Lorenzo church is one of the oldest religious structures you can find in Florence and is a must visit place for most tourists.
- The home of The Divine Comedy author, Casa di Dante, is one of the major tourist attractions. It is located in the city’s medieval section.
- For those interested in Etruscan and Egyptian art collections, the Florence Archeological Museum is a must visit place.
- The Uffizi Gallery Museum provides panoramic view of the city. It is also home to different art works.
- The Boboli Gardens reminds you of renaissance. Here, tourists can walk to their heart’s content and can relax.
- The Pitti Palace has several museums in it and each one of them has paintings belonging to noted artists from Florence.
Florence offers different dining experiences for people visiting it. There are many restaurants in and around the city. Accommodation facilities are also available in plenty in the city. Most of these services can be booked via internet and by walking in to any of these service centers.